Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fine tuning, aka, calorie counting.

I reckon that in some aspects last year has been possibly the best in my life. I have found again an important part of myself that I seemed to have lost during my degree. The active guy inside me, the one that didn't have a problem when workout time came, mainly because it was the thing to do, there was no other option(ok, from time to time I tend to skip a workout or like this morning, reschedule it for the afternoon, but overall I'm basically a new person if you compare me with the 4 years ago me). Also, I have found an improved version of it, less lazy, more willing to push(although I'm still working on pushing myself even more :) ). So, it only comes natural that this period of happiness and good times has to come to an end. I mean, I've been building some endurance and getting back in shape. Now I am in some sort of shape, which I still want to improve a lot, but I can start thinking about fine tuning bits of it. And the first one that comes to mind is my diet. I say this period of happiness has to end cos I'm going to put a bit of care on how much I eat(I already care about the what). Up until now I've basically eaten as much as I wanted or as much as I could find in my fridge shelf(that has happened many times). I generally eat a healthy, if somewhat no very varied, diet based on carbs, roasted chicken and fruits but I'm going to start controlling the amounts or at least during a couple of weeks, I'm going to keep track of everything I eat and I will even try to only eat 3500kcal a day :). It should be enough to keep me running(and swimming and climbing) and see how this food depletion turns out.

PS: Calorie counting is a pain in the ass... Although I'm using a website that makes it much easier as it has info from most of the food I can find in Tesco :).

No comments: