Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Regeneration

I must admit I have watched far too much Doctor Who in the last two weeks. That's why I have used that title, but far from Sci Fi. By the way, if you don't know Doctor Who, IT'S A MUST! No, seriously, you have to watch it. It's brilliant. And has the potential of being a never-ending TV show, a good one.

But this post is about a different thing. I have have a goal and a plan(well, actually I lack the plan so far). I need to go from being a runner that swims to being a swimmer that runs in two months. Why? Well, during the past year I have tried many new things but I still haven't participated in a swimming competition and there's a chance I can go to my first one in the beginning of November. Hence why I need to change.

I have been focusing during the summer on my running, in fact I have not swam for the last three weeks or so. Currently I am following a training plan designed to bring my half-marathon time down to 1:35 but I've been a bit lazy and skipped the long runs under the excuse of... well, being tired. It's got 5 runs a week and I've been managing to only get 4 in, which I still plan on doing but now I have to put another 3 or 4 swimming sessions a week and some weights(that I'll start as soon as the Paralympics are finished and I can walk to the gym again). So I have a vague idea of what I want to do and some training sets for swimming but which are focused on long distance open water races(or actually the swimming leg of a half-ironman). I'll be using those as a guideline and as a way to recover my endurance and by the end of the month I hope to have gathered some freestyle competitive swimming sets so I can start doing proper training for a swimming competition. I'm very excited about it, even though it's not even sure I'll make the team and I know that if I make it, I'll be off in the heats and possibly with the slowest time. But still, it's exciting and new. :).

PS: Back to laziness and not reading before posting... I may edit it after I have posted it.

PS2: I miss climbing, I haven't climbed in a while :S.

1 comment:

Miss Amanda Jones said...

Oye, como decíamos ayer -o antes de ayer...- cuando quieras nos tomamos un té con pastitas por Londres! (siento ponerlo así en público pero no encuentro ninguna dirección de mail; en mi perfil tienes la mía!).